Thimblemill Road, Smethwick
Offers in the Region of £700,000
Land for sale: Thimblemill Road, Smethwick
Offers in the Region of £700,000
An opportunity to acquire a residential development site with planning approval for thirteen two storey houses with double garages in mature residential locality adjoining sport fields and Thimblemill Pool. The site has an area of 1.74 acres (0.7 hectares) or thereabouts.
Offers are requested in writing to agents offices (for the attention of ref MS)
SITE LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION
The site is situated in Smethwick, a short drive from Warley Park and Golf Course. Local shopping facilities are at Bearwood.
The site is irregular in shape and is delineated on the enclosed plan for identification purposes only. The land will be accessed from Thimblemill Road. No access will be permitted into the grounds of the Thimblemill Recreation and Entertainment Centre (a Private Members Club).
A copy of the Decision Notice is enclosed herewith detailing the planning conditions (copies of the plans of the individual house types can be emailed upon request). Planning enquires are to be made to Sandwell Planning Office.
NOTE: The Vendor is in the process of instructing Architects to apply to renew the permission granted in the decision made 1st May 2015.
A detailed ground investigation report has not been undertaken. There has been an outbreak of Japanese Knotweed on the site. Treatment is ongoing by Invasive Vegetation Management and has been undertaken over a period of years. They have also prepared a quotation to remove the Knotweed rhizomes to an offsite location subject to them being reimbursed. While investigating the condition of the rhizomes a quantity of filled material was detected on site. Offers will be considered subject to the outcome of a detailed ground investigation report. The cost of the investigation is to be the prospective purchasers responsibility along with the removal of the rhizomes. The vendor will not provide any warranty in respect of any treatment and prospective purchasers may choose to take their own independent advice.
The site will be sold freehold. The agent has not checked the legal documentation to verify legal status of the property or validity of any guarantee. However, a buyer must assume the information is incorrect until it has been verified by their own solicitors.
Prospective purchaser are to make their own enquiries as to the availability and capacity of services.
VIEWING THE SITE
Strictly by prior arrangement with agents Quinton office 0121 422 4011, attention of reference MS.
1. Offers are required in writing together with details any conditions that you would wish to make.
2. Details of your funding arrangement are to be submitted with any offer.
3. The anticipated time scale of being in a position to exchange contracts and completion date.
As detailed above, the following additional information is available by electronic copies only:
1. Plans of individual house types.
2. Report from Invasive Vegetation Management.
Please email email@example.com and details will be forwarded upon request.
1. A sale will be agreed on the understanding that the owner of the Old Lodge fronting Thimblemill Road will be granted pedestrian access in order to maintain the boarded fence delineated A,B,C,D.
2. A copy of the approved plan is enclosed detailing the boundary. The club will retain a strip approximately 10 ft wide from the back of the pathway adjoining the pool, (measured from rear of path nearest land being sold).
Slades Estate Agents
Tel: 01202 548855