27 Jun

Letting agents in London 'recommended for those renting while overseas'

Letting agents in London 'recommended for those renting while overseas'

Finding a letting agent in London who can provide advice on letting property while living overseas could prove critical to Brits considering a move abroad.

Rather than listing their house for sale in London, many prospective expats choose to let their property, according to the Association of Residential Letting Agents (Arla).

The body has released new guidance for those seeking tenants for their property while they are abroad, insisting that going through the proper channels will save on stress in the long-term.

Arla recommends working through a professional letting agent in London, who will be able to provide the appropriate level of support and advice.

Ensuring that houses for rent in London are well prepared for tenants, such as with new furnishing, decorations and high-quality appliances, is also recommended to keeping hassle to a minimum.

Arla operations manager Ian Potter noted: "The last thing a family needs before or shortly after an international move is more stress.

"Using a professional letting agent ... should make sure that ... UK property is in good hands."

Figures released by the Office for National Statistics earlier this month suggested that Southwark, Wandsworth and Westminister councils received the highest number of short-term migrants from overseas in 2007, compared to other local authorities.

This could be encouraging news for expats with property to rent in London, who may find their flats in high demand.ADNFCR-1222-ID-800600858-ADNFCR

Cookies We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. To find out more about our cookies policy, see our cookies policy here or in the footer.